Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dress Finished!



As you can see the dress is finished, just in time for the gala. It is not perfect, but it worked and was comfy. Not having all of my tools made sewing more difficult. The fabric was probably the most slippery I've ever worked with, which made sewing with it even more challenging. I sold my 20+ year old Bernina sewing machine prior to leaving Houston and purchased a new spiffy Bernina here in Singapore, the new machine is dual voltage so it will work in the states as well. This was my first project with the new machine, it sews like a dream!

The gala was a lot of fun. 80% of the women were wearing black, I was glad to have my colorful dress. The gala was a PTA fundraiser for the American School. There was a silent auction and a live auction. We picked up two sets of outdoor furniture, we only needed one and intended to get one, but now we have two! We also "won" a trip to a local island for 2, maybe a chance for a romantic weekend. The big auction items were Persian carpets, beautiful rugs that sold for mega bucks. They auctioned a fancy Harley Davidson motorcycle which sold for $36,000 Sing$ ($25,000 USD).

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment