Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Nooooooo, say it isn't so!!!

Today was the day our ship was to arrive in Singapore. I have tried not to get too excited and count on our shipment arriving this week, but I couldn't help myself. This morning I told Peter, just 2 more days and we get to sleep on our own mattress, cook with our pots, etc... I sent a note to the moving company here in Singapore and asked for an update on the shipment. The response was horrible - the ship's final destination was Korea not Singapore. Say what?? How do you make a mistake that big?? Seems to me big ships don't just randomly change their course. Anyway, they are now moving the container to another ship and it will be here (if we are lucky) on the 24th - then customs - then delivery. We are all sad - no looms for Tracy, no bike for Peter and no movies for Eric....

Katy left for Thailand this morning. They went straight from the airport in Phuket to a boat to scuba dive. It's a hard life - she'd never be scuba diving on a school trip in Katy, Texas. They will be staying on Phi Phi island (google it, it's gorgeous and the location for several movies). Peter has decided to get certified to scuba dive so that he and Katy can take advantage of the many great diving opportunities in this part of the world.

Today's photo is so that you can help me wallow in self pity. This is one of the two small rooms on the third floor where I will have my studio space. Right now Eric has the whole floor, he is already getting territorial about it. Notice how empty and lonely the room looks....

Hoping to weave in the future, Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment