Tuesday, February 9, 2010

You'd never see this in Katy, Texas!


Notice anything different? Well, if you have visited this blog before you probably noticed the new look. The other blog was giving me difficulties. I couldn't upload images via the blog so I was having to add html code and that was giving me fits. The images were too big or too small. Anyway after looking at several blogs I noticed the blogs I really liked were using blogspot. A little investigating and 20 minutes later and a new blog was created. Daniel, ever handy web guy moved all of my previous posts over and the images. The only thing missing is the comments. So, please comment again it makes me feel a little less alone over here.... waiting for my stuff. I still sound pitiful, don't I?

So, I'm trying to get over my depression from not getting my stuff. A little grocery retail therapy, yes that means more chocolate. Now I think I've got a stomach ache from too much chocolate :) I've had a few distractions today, we got our auction outdoor furniture delivered today. Because we have not decided which set to keep and we have so little furniture in the house it's inside for now. We had the company we are renting furniture from come and take away two awful armchairs, now that we have our outdoor armchairs. We also got another bed delivered. This weekend is Chinese New Year, everyone has Monday and Tuesday off as a National Holiday - it is a big deal. An old college friend, Rick Gregory who has lived in Malaysia with his Malay wife for 20 years are coming to visit. We have not seen Rick and Hanizah for a very long time and we've never met their 10 year old son, Jaren. We knew we would have plenty of beds when our furniture got here, but you know the story. So now my future loom room has a nice Queen size bed for company! It does look less lonely this way.

The picture I've posted today is something you definitely would not see in Katy, Texas. Singapore is a super safe place, you rarely hear of crime because they are so tough on criminals. I mentioned to some neighbors that we had had not seen a police presence. They laughed and said wait till they patrol the neighborhood. Well, here they are. Walking down our suburban neighborhood with AK-47's! This is from my bedroom window. As I took the picture the officer must have seen me or the flash and his head snapped in my direction. I hid behind the curtains!

Back to my chocolate and a good book,
Tracy


No comments:

Post a Comment